When you’re out in the wilderness, delicious and comforting meals are a must. And, of course, the ultimate camper craves a convenient and tasty meal. That’s why we’ve compiled some fantastic recipes that our beloved Kromer Country fans will adore.
Meat and Cheese Pull Apart Bread
You need a loaf of bread, butter, cheese, and your favorite meat for this delicious treat! (We highly recommend bacon). It’s super easy to make and a crowd pleaser.
- Without cutting all of the way through, start by slicing the bread vertically into about 12 different slices.
- Butter each slice of the bread.
- Put cheese (don’t be shy with it) and cooked meat inside each nook between the slices of bread.
- Loosely wrap the loaf in tin foil. Make sure the loaf is completely covered but has room to breathe and expand.
- Place the covered loaf over the campfire or over a grill for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the loaf is warm.
- Before diving in, unpackage the loaf from the tin foil and let the steam escape.
- Serve and enjoy around the campfire.
Kromer Campfire Queso
Get ready to make the creamiest camping queso with just five simple ingredients. All you’ll need are 8 oz of processed cheese (like Velveeta), ¼ cup of chopped jalapeños, one teaspoon of paprika, a 10 oz can of diced tomatoes, and whatever you you like to dip, be it chips, pretzels, spoons—your call.
- Place all ingredients, apart from the chips, in a cooking pot.
- Place on medium heat and stir continuously to avoid ingredients sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Cook until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are mixed well.
Nothing beats the comforting taste of a s’more by the fire, right? The only downside? The sticky, messy aftermath. And when you’re camping, the last thing you want is more mess. That’s where baggy s’mores come in! Just grab some bagged teddy graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate. It’s a simple and mess-free solution for a delicious treat. Trust us—you’ll be craving s’more.
- Open a teddy graham cracker bag and add small pieces of chocolate.
- Put cracker and chocolate mixture off to the side.
- Roast 1-2 marshmallows.
- Once roasted, let the marshmallows cool slightly.
- Carefully, slide the marshmallows into the bag with the teddy graham crackers and chocolate.
- Mix together and enjoy.
These delicious recipes are an absolute must for your camping trip. Not only will they enhance your outdoor experience, but they will also satisfy your cravings under the beautiful night sky. So gather ‘round the campfire and treat yourself to these flavor-filled recipes. Enjoy!