A collaboration between Stormy Kromer and Ore Dock Brewing Company: Six Pointer Munich Dunkel is a dark and drinkable lager brewed with the finest German Munich malts and the noble hop variety of Czech Saaz. With a cap first fashioned in 1903 and a beer style dating back to the 16th century, it’s a partnership that celebrates the craft of quality. An attribute which never goes out of style.
Working with an old baseball cap as a model, Ida chose to sew six panels instead of four when her husband, George “Stormy” Kromer, begged her to stich a cap tough enough to withstand early 20th century life on the rails. One hundred years later that simple innovation now stands as an icon of Northwoods culture.
The men to first don these caps along the railroads of the upper Midwest became known as Six Pointers and used the term as a common identifier among others within unfamiliar towns. Today, Six Pointers are men, women, and children alike. They can be found clear across the country in both rural and urban landscapes. And the cap endures as a unifying symbol. One of rugged determination and the desire to spend more time among tall trees than beneath traffic lights. We’ll drink to that, Six Pointers!
Available on draft throughout the state and in 6 packs wherever Ore Dock beer is sold! Currently we have confirmation of these specific locations for bottled sales (updated 9/26):
- Koski’s Convenience, Junction M45 and US 41, Champion, MI
- Lakeside Grocery, 17304 W Main Street, Curtis, MI
- Larry’s Family Foods, 20 Pine Street, Gwinn, MI
- Model Town Express, 118 W M35, Gwinn, MI
- Sawyer Village Shoppette, 126 Voodoo, Gwinn, MI
- Tall Timbers, 245 South County Road 557, Gwinn, MI
- Super One Foods, Cloverland Drive, Ironwood, MI
- Jubilee, US-41 West, Ishpeming, MI
- Westgate BP, 1710 US41 West, Ishpeming, MI
- Cenex, 2192 US 41 West, Marquette, MI
- Econofoods, Highway 41 Bypass, Marquette, MI
- EZ Stop North, 920 Wright, Marquette, MI
- Kassels Korner, 6400 South US 41, Marquette, MI
- Marquette Neighborhood Spot, 129 E Hewitt, Marquette, MI
- Marquette Organic Food Co-op, 109 West Baraga, Marquette, MI
- Meijer Store, 3630 US Highway 41, Marquette, MI
- Spirits Inc, 700 Chippewa Square, Marquette, MI
- Super One Foods, 3070 US-41 West, Marquette, MI
- White’s Party Store, 3rd Street, Marquette, MI
- Connie’s Helmer Grocery, 2936 County Road 377, McMillan, MI
- Marty’s Market, Route 1 US 41, Michigamme, MI
- Buck’s Party Store, 100 Main Street, Negaunee, MI
- Super One Foods, 401 Jackson, Negaunee, MI
- Mac’s Super Value, 2013 M123, Newberry, MI
You can also celebrate this exciting collaboration with our limited edition can wrap – available only for a limited time.